OpenOffice run problem

Derrick Ryalls ryallsd at fbsdsolutions.com
Mon May 3 10:26:43 PDT 2004

> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> >
> > which leads me to believe I am missing a dependant install.
>  I looked
> > at the dependancies and I thought I saw them all listed under
> > pkg_info, so I would like to verify what produces the above
> so.4 file.
> >

> This is the base threads C library replacing libc in pthread
> applications. From man page pthread(3): INSTALLATION
>      The current FreeBSD POSIX thread implementation is built
> in the library
>      libc_r which contains both thread-safe libc functions
> and the thread
>      functions.  This library replaces libc for threaded applications.
>
>      By default, libc_r is built as part of a 'make world'.
> To disable the
>      build of libc_r you must supply the '-DNOLIBC_R' option
> to make(1).

When I did a buildworld, I didn't have a /etc/make.conf file, so unless that
is the default option, I should have gotten libc_r, right?  Right now the
machine is booted to windows and in another city so I can't check
/etc/defaults/make.conf to see the contents, so I will have to check later
to see what it is set for.  Thanks for the lead atleast.