Suexec with Apache 1.3.29

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Mon May 3 09:42:40 PDT 2004

At 01:37 AM 5/3/2004, Joe Rhett wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 02:20:14PM -0400, Marty Landman wrote:
> > On the side, this makes me wonder what the philosophy is on Windows
> servers
> > where the whole permissions concept is nonexistent afaik.
>
>Because suexec isn't really possible in that environment, so they have no
>options at all.

Maybe this is a foolish question, but how can reasonable security on a
server running Windows/Apache be achieved? If the answer is what I fear, do
you think that the 'native' MS server, IIS can be configured more securely
than Apache?

Looking at it in another way, is it possible to have a secure, network
accessible server of any type w/o the Unix style permissions concept in place?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
Web Installed Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml