OpenOffice run problem

Christian Hiris 4711 at chello.at
Mon May 3 08:18:04 PDT 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 21:36, Derrick wrote:
> I am attempting to run the precompiled version of OO-1.1_0.1, but am
> having trouble on my 5.2 system.  Whenever I try to run the setup, I get
> this:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
>
> which leads me to believe I am missing a dependant install.  I looked at
> the dependancies and I thought I saw them all listed under pkg_info, so
> I would like to verify what produces the above so.4 file.
>
> Anyone got a clue as to what I need to install?
>
> TIA
>
> -Derrick

this sounds like your openoffice package was built on freebsd 4.x.
on freebsd 5.2 libc_r version is 5 (libc_r.so.5). you might try to install the
compat4x package. it's a version 4 compatibility package, which allows you to
run 4.x binaries on 5.x systems. however, i would prefer to fetch an
up-to-date package of openoffice or build it from soure.

regards
ch