OpenOffice run problem

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Mon May 3 05:09:29 PDT 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 05:06, Derrick wrote:
> I am attempting to run the precompiled version of OO-1.1_0.1, but am
> having trouble on my 5.2 system.  Whenever I try to run the setup, I get
> this:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
>
> which leads me to believe I am missing a dependant install.  I looked at
> the dependancies and I thought I saw them all listed under pkg_info, so
> I would like to verify what produces the above so.4 file.

This is the base threads C library replacing libc in pthread applications.
From man page pthread(3):
INSTALLATION
     The current FreeBSD POSIX thread implementation is built in the library
     libc_r which contains both thread-safe libc functions and the thread
     functions.  This library replaces libc for threaded applications.

     By default, libc_r is built as part of a 'make world'.  To disable the
     build of libc_r you must supply the '-DNOLIBC_R' option to make(1).

Malcolm