No subject

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun May 2 03:28:11 PDT 2004

> I am compiling /usr/ports/java/jdk13 because I wanted to enable my
> Mozilla Browser's plugin for Java and Shockwave Flash.  I only followed
> what was written in the Handbook.
>
> | In any case, the Diablo JDK should be sufficient to compile jdk13.
>
> I was successful in compiling /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk13 but when I
> went to /usr/ports/java/jdk13 to compile the same error came out again.
> ~ I am afraid that I could not understand:
> | Make sure you unset 'JAVA_HOME' before you start the compile.
>
> What I did was '#unset JAVA_HOME' and then I tried to compile but was
> not lucky...Do I have to do anything else to make my Box compile jdk13?
> Thank you very for the response...

i am in the same mess, and search of the lists is not getting me very
far.

i installed diablo-jdk-1.3.1.0_1 successfully.  but when trying to
make jdk-1.3.1p9_4, get the classic

ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
       to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
       A Java 2 SDK 1.3.1 build must be bootstrapped against any
       1.3 build. Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting, or
       just unset it, and start your build again.

BOOTDIR is not set, nor is ALT_BOOTDIR

tried rebuilding everything on which it depends (portupgrade -R)
etc.

randy