FreeBSD Not Making Friendly

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Sat May 1 19:12:51 PDT 2004

The setting to make the CDROM the default boot device is in the BIOS. When you
first start the computer there should be some message on the screen telling you
how to access the BIOS setup program (usually, just holding down the "delete"
key will do it, but some machines use "F1" or whatever). Once you're in the BIOS
setup program, change the boot order so that the CDROM drive is the first device
to boot.

That ought to do it, but one other thing to check is to make sure that the BIOS
doesn't have some "anti-virus" setting enabled that will prevent you from being
able to write the MBR - othewise, you won't be able to install the boot loader.

regards,
Robert