Setting up a NAT without a firewall

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Sat May 1 11:19:36 PDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Paul Hoffman
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 11:26 AM
To: freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Setting up a NAT without a firewall

Greetings again. Many folks here helped me last year with my travails
of setting up a FreeBSD 4.8 box as a NAT. I'm trying to reproduce
that on a different box, and failing. My biggest problem seems to be
the firewall, which I don't care about. That is, I just want a NAT: I
don't care about blocking anything incoming or outgoing.

1) Are there directions somewhere for setting up a 4.x box as a NAT
without needing to do all the firewall stuff?

2) Is this easier in 5.x? I can re-gen the box to 5.1.2 if that would
be easier.