installation error

Guy Harrison ghar5402 at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 1 03:58:42 PDT 2004

Sorry to trouble you
I am pretty much a N00b with FreeBSD, and my previous experience with it consisted of a Squid proxy server running on FreeBSD at work. This system has been extremely reliable and hence I wanted to set up a similar setup for my home network now that I am on unlimited broadband.

I have downloaded the  "5.2-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso" file and burnt it onto a CD. I then place it into an older PC and received the following error "Error: stack overflow" This line appears after the 7 boot options and the ASCII image of a little devil.

If I persist with keystrokes it will eventually display the OK prompt however the keyboard letters are replaced with windings and arte therefore illegible.

The system is a P200 with 32Mb Ram and 2.5GIG HDD if this helps any.

I tried searching the forums for help with little success - lots of info on stacks, but none on my error. Hope you can provide some assistance.