port questions (why do I find myself fudging symlinks to make stuff work?)

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Wed Mar 31 20:43:35 PST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 7:52 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> You're installing out of date packages then.  The ones on the ftp site
> are current and provide libexpat.so.5.

This is what's available for 4.9-RELEASE:

[/opt/ports/packages/All]# pkg_info -L expat-1.95.6_1.tgz
Information for expat-1.95.6_1.tgz:

Files:
/usr/local/man/man1/xmlwf.1.gz
/usr/local/bin/xmlwf
/usr/local/include/expat.h
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.a
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.4

Likewise 5.2-RELEASE: I just pulled that package and checked.

The Makefile in my ports tree has this: PORTVERSION=    1.95.7.  this
would/should give me expat.5.
--
Paul Beard
<www.paulbeard.org/>