some anomalies in my system?

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Wed Mar 31 20:29:35 PST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 7:58 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>  It still looks like you have a bogus
> non-ports version of libtool installed that is providing the wrong
> information to the configure script.

I took that as a hint to look at the versions of libtool: there wasn't
a version I didn't have installed, so I removed them all and decided to
let them get handled as dependencies.

Expat seems to be relying on libtool13:

===>  Patching for expat-1.95.7
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for expat-1.95.7
===>   expat-1.95.7 depends on file:
/usr/local/libexec/libtool13/libtool - not found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/libexec/libtool13/libtool in
/usr/ports/devel/libtool13
===>   NOTICE:

This port is deprecated; you may wish to reconsider installing it:

Please use devel/libtool15 instead.

It is scheduled to be removed 31st December 2004.

--
Paul Beard
<www.paulbeard.org/>