about Ultra-sparc and alpha: what makes the difference?

Toni Heinonen Toni.Heinonen at teleware.fi
Wed Mar 31 01:28:26 PST 2004

They are faster most often because they can process more complex commands, so whereas an IA processor might do 1000 MIPS and a SPARC does as many, the SPARC is faster because it "gets more done" with as many instructions. Try search terms like "benchmark sparc intel" or "benchmark sparc pc" or the like, without the quotes.

--
TONI HEINONEN
     TELEWARE OY