FreeBSD 5.2.1 nstall problem: filesystem error.

Chris user0010 at cyberspace.org
Tue Mar 30 10:09:07 PST 2004

I was trying to install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on my PC, but I got a strange error about
the filesystem being full. I just created the filesystems, with / having 256MB.
It was able to copy a few files from the mfsroot disk to /, then when it tried
to extract the packages, cpio complained about / being full. I've verified that the disk geometry was correct and the partitions were set up right. System is
an eMachines T2778. I was atempting FTP installation. Anyone know what might be
wrong?