cannot mount vcd

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Mon Mar 29 16:39:47 PST 2004

You don't mount VCDs to play them. A simple command to play a VCD would look
something like this:

  mplayer -vcd 2

This means play starting from track 2. You can of course start from track 1.
What's important is that you MUST specify a track, or else mplayer will exit
with an error message.

Of course, you can throw in a bunch of other options, such as loop playing,
zooming, adjusting the brightness, etc:

  mplayer -loop 0 -brightness 10 -zoom -x 790 -y 570 -vcd 1

See "man mplayer" for more details about all these options.

regards,
Robert