Sendmail refusing connection

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Mon Mar 29 13:29:35 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Payne" <payne at magidesign.com>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 3:10 PM
Subject: Sendmail refusing connection

> Hi,
>
> I have installed FreeBSD 5.2 and I am trying to get to access mail from
> the outside world. But when I do a telnet to port 25 I get this error,
>
> telnet mail.eatme.com
> trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> telnet: connect to address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connection refused
>
> where do I need to go to tell my server it ok to access mail.
>
> Payne
>

> Please note that eatme.com and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx are flake to protect the
> real server.

Sendmail has hooks into tcpd which causes it to look for the proper entries
in hosts.allow for connection access.
If this is to be a server that responds to the world, you'd need an entry
for sendmail : all : allow

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.