usb-serial adapter doesnt work

Macio Plona M.Plona at elka.pw.edu.pl
Mon Mar 29 07:33:03 PST 2004

Bernd Walter wrote:
>>ugen0: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A),
>

> It's attached to ugen instead of uplcom/ucom
>

>>On a hardware notes ive read, that it needs a 'uplcom' driver, so i
>>loaded it to kernel:
>>root# kldstat
>>Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>>5    1 0xc204c000 3000     uplcom.ko
>>6    1 0xc2050000 4000     ucom.ko
>

> You need the drivers loaded _befor_ attaching the device.
> Otherwise ugen take care of it and uplcom has no chance to take over.

Hi,
It helped. Thanks very much.
After compiling uplcom into the kernel, all looked ok. It showed me
'ucom0' so i did `tip xxx', where xxx is:
%cat /etc/remote |grep xxx
xxx:dv=/dev/ucom0:br#9600:pa=none:

I see 'connected', but nothing more. Is there any other thing, which
should I take care about?

Thanx,
Maciek