Firewall + Sendmail...how to make them happy...

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Sun Mar 28 13:17:34 PST 2004

Hi JP,

JP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just got my firewall up and running.
> Everything is running great except for inbound
> sendmail connections.  It appears my firewall is
> blocking port 25 traffic.  I can telnet localhost 25
> and it works fine internally.  From the outside world,
> all I get is a connection refused.  Can someone tell
> me what I am doing wrong please.  Here is a copy of my
> firewall config file:

did you try `netstat -an |grep -i list` ? if there is an 127.0.0.1:25
listening then only localhost is listening on the sendmail interface. I
though that it was a setting in the default install.
You should look for freebsd.mc and edit the listen settings there and
build a new cf file...

Cheers

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder