Bandwidth hit in natd/ipfw on 4.4-RELEASE

Matt Coe, CCNA webmaster at jargonccna.cjb.net
Fri Mar 26 06:42:05 PST 2004

Ruben de Groot wrote:

>4.4-RELEASE is quite old. Have you considered the possibility that you
>got rooted?

I'm sure it's /possible/, but extraordinarily unlikely. The server's
only been three days and I'm on a university resnet; I'd guess that no
port below 1024 is accessible from outside my house.. and the most
computer-literate people in this house are either Counter-Strike addicts
or me. There are very few Computer Science students in this house, and
I'm probably the only person who actively uses something other than
WinXP or MacOS X.

--
Matt Coe, CCNA
Member-At-Large, Dalhousie University CS Society Fall 2003

'Ford! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk
to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.'
  -- DNA, 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy', Arthur Philip Dent

Sick of long-distance bills? Get Skype! www.skype.com