install: kernel config: NIC ?

Joshua Lokken joshua at twobirds.us
Wed Mar 24 09:09:46 PST 2004

* lee slaughter <lee at slaughters.com> [2004-03-24 08:50]:
> I'm trying to do a methodical install (for once).  4.9 from a mini CD.
> 1st thing, when we get to kernel config  menu, visual mode,
> no network devices show up active.  In the inactive drivers section
> i see a little list of only six.
>
> question 1:  this is hardly a comprehensive list, is it?
> there's no explanation in the handbook why it is so short.
>
> 3C503 requires ed(4) driver
>
> question 2:  what do i do now?

Just continue with the install, and your NIC should work just fine
when it comes time to configure it, which will be either

a) before you try to fetch any distributions over the net, or
b) after the system is installed, during post-install configuration.

HTH,

--
Joshua

All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars.
		-- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3259.2