FreeBSD hdparm?

adp dap99 at i-55.com
Wed Mar 24 07:42:01 PST 2004

I know that under Linux I can modify how the OS uses IDE drives using
hdparm. Is there an equivilent for FreeBSD? 'man tuning' seems to indicate
that there isn't anything and that I only need to worry about whether I need
to use softupdates. (It also mentions sysctl values such as
vfs.vmiodirenable, which seems enabled in 4.9 by default.) I can see a need
to tweak the parameters of how FreeBSD uses my disks unless it already knows
when to enable certain features, for example 32-bit IO.