ahc reports lots of pci parity errors

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Wed Mar 24 05:47:09 PST 2004

Hiho! :-)

I'm getting lots of those, but my system is stable.

ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0xffff
ahc0: Signaled a Target Abort
ahc0: WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
ahc0: Too many PCI parity errors observed as a target.
ahc0: Some device on this bus is generating bad parity.
ahc0: This is an error *observed by*, not *generated by*, this
controller.
ahc0: PCI parity error checking has been disabled.
ahc0: WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0xffff

I'm running 5.2.1-RELEASE with ACPI disabled.

Usually I'm getting one or two errors over a period of  two weeks or
longer, but since I'm using my old ISA Creative SB32, I'm getting lots
in a very short period of time.

What could cause that? A broken PCI-card? Motherboard?

TIA :-)

Bye
Marc