"Root" posting

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Mon Mar 22 22:47:01 PST 2004

Henrik W Lund <henrik.w.lund at broadpark.no> writes:

> The ongoing debate about top posting vs. bottom/random posting has
> sparked a somewhat related question in me: what about root posting
> (e.g. posting to the root of the list, instead of in the relevant thread)?

Some mail clients support a digest mode which lets you follow up to
individual messages in-thread (at least gnus does). If your mail
client does not support that, it probably makes the most sense to
followup with a reasonable subject (perhaps even one cut'n'pasted from
the bit you are interested in), stripping off the parts not relevant
to your message.

- P
http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/	http://www.datadok.no/