newsyslog and apache

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Mon Mar 22 17:19:58 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:57:03 -0500, JJB wrote
> Do you have your newsyslog configured the way it's pointed out in
> the archive thread about rotating the apache logs? That may be the
> root cause of your problem, and the memory thing is an result, not
> an cause. Look closer at that tread.

Hi,

Thanks so much but this your response still does not appear to be answering my
issues.

been looking at the thread called "apache log files rotation" in the march
threads.  I can see that somebody has recommended using SIGUSR1 or newsyslog
30 to restart the apache daemon.

I ask that you please be specific as to what you think is wrong with my
newsyslog.conf file because I cant seem to figure out what you are talking
about here?  Looks like my newsyslog.conf file matches the recommended config:

link:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-March/038439.html

Could apache be experiencing or creating some type of memory leak?  there are
2GB of installed RAM on this machine.

- Noah