MAKEDEV - where is it?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Mon Mar 22 16:53:53 PST 2004

At 2004-03-22T23:01:30Z, "GP" <hueygeorge at comcast.net> writes:

Several things:

> I am very sorry Jerry but I bought the software as a package!!!

That was pretty stupid since it's a free download.  I'd cheerfully buy a
FreeBSD box set *after* I've confirmed that it would work on my system, but
not before.

> I would expect to be working!!!  I cannot imagine that I would by
> Microsoft product to find out that the manuals do not match the enclosed
> software.  On the package it said "SOLID OPERATING SYSTEM BY FREEBSD!!!"
> Also, it "Runs on every PC!!!"

What "fell off the back of the truck" vendor did you buy it from?  No
official documentation would ever make that claim.

> but it does not, so far I was not able to configure the monitor, I get
> something like: "cannot find X server"!  I guess FreeBSD is not that solid
> after all!!!  Well, I returned the software and got my money back, at
> least that was a solid return.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt.
--
Kirk Strauser