Portupgrade mod_php4 problems.

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Mar 22 11:53:01 PST 2004

samy lancher wrote:

>mysql-client-3.23.58 is already installed or may be older version blah blah blah... you can uninstall and reinstall mysql blah blah blah ...to install correctly. If you really want to override without deleting use FORCE_PICG_REGISTER blah blah....
>
>I also tried to install php after doing "make clean" in /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-client but it did not help me.
>Any pointer would be very helpful. Thanks in advace.
>
>Thanks,
>Naveen.

"Make clean" doesn't uninstall the mysql client.
This simply cleans up the work directories that
were created during the build process, whenever
you did that...

"Make deinstall" will.  Do a "make deinstall" in the
directory you named aboved and then try and
let portupgrade do its work.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.