newsyslog and apache

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Mon Mar 22 08:29:48 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:54:21 +0000, Jez Hancock wrote
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:06:22AM -0800, Noah wrote:
> > apache complains of being out of memory during a graceful restart when
> > newsyslog is sending a series of SIGUSR1 signal to it.  Any clues on
this?

> This looks familiar from the apache-httpd-users list :P
>
> I'm not sure about your specific problem, but have you considered using
> cronolog instead of depending on newsyslog to rotate your logs daily?

Hi,

thanks for your advice but this is an issue with apache complaining about
being restarted with a SIGUSR1 signal and then puking and complaining about
not enough memory to restart.

I have about 30 to 40 lines in newsyslog.conf file wiht each sending a
SIGUSR1 line.  is this a problem - should I only be sending a SIGUSR1 signal
only once?

- Noah