amavisd-new not using clamd

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Mon Mar 22 06:21:46 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 11:43, Tom Munro Glass wrote:
> When a message is sent to amavisd for scanning I get the following message:
>
> WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups

Have you tested clamav to see if all works fine, run 'clamdscan
/path/to/a/file'. Also, check the /etc/rc.conf to be sure clamav is
enabled, see the top comments of /usr/local/etc/rc.d/clamd.sh.

> I have checked that /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf and /usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf
> are both referring to the same socket file in /var/run/clamav/clamd. I am
> running both clamd and amavisd as user vscan so I don't understand why
> amavisd isn't using clamd.

So, you have uncommented the clamav section of @av_scanners in
amavisd.conf. Be sure to restart both services after making any changes.

--
Robert