Best *nix OS for a laptop?

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Mon Mar 22 05:11:30 PST 2004

Eric F Crist wrote:

> Could some of you please send me an email telling me what OS you utilize on
> your laptop, and why?  I'm not looking for anyone bashing any other OS, just
> why you use what you do.

I run FreeBSD 5.2.1 (RELENG_5_2) on my IBM A31 now and everything works
well for me. Before I was able to run FreeBSD on this machine, I used to
run RedHat, Fedora and Debian GNU/Linux on that machine for a while (I
really liked RedHat/Fedora). The problem is, that all
Linux-Distributions have their issues, technically or politically...

cu,
Uwe