traffic speed stats are not right

lists lists at sleektech.nl
Mon Mar 22 04:00:23 PST 2004

Hello,

The traffic stats on my freebsd stable box are way to low.

When I copy over files from one server to another then it goes with
about 6 meg/sec the box where i copy from is an linux machine and this
one says the speed is indeed around the 6 meg/sec measured with iptraf
and mrtg.

but when I look at the freebsd box the speed measured there with mrtg &
trafshow is about 250kbyte/sec while in fact the file's come in with
about 6 meg /sec (copying over big file's and every sec the size of the
file gets bigger with a few meg (ls -lh).

I'm running freebsd on a PIII866 mhz, 512 meg ram and a 3com network
card (xl0)

anyone has got an idea what this could be ?

thnx