no support!

Bob Johnson bob89 at bobj.org
Sun Mar 21 20:21:24 PST 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 01:37 pm, you wrote:
> I created the:
>
> kern.flp and
> mfsroot.flp
>
> Should I create other once?

I believe those two should be sufficient, but it would be best if you
post to the list (questions at freebsd.org) a description of what you did
and what errors you encountered.  That way more people will see your
problem and there is a better chance that someone will be able to help
you.

Once you have those two floppies, you can do the install even if your CD
doesn't work.  Boot kern.flp, switch to mfsroot.flp when it tells you
to, and later when it asks you where to install from, you can tell it
to use FTP to get the files from a FreeBSD server instead of reading
them from the CD.

Before CDs became common, that was the common method of installing
FreeBSD and it worked quite well.

- Bob