Top posting

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 21 17:23:49 PST 2004

Long/short syndrome.

On Sunday, 21 March 2004 at 20:09:17 -0500, JJB wrote:
> So unix mail clients bottom post  by design and MS/outlook tops
> posts by design.

No, that's not a question of design: it's the way you use them.

> So is there some MS/Outlook config option to change it to bottom
> post?

Well, it would be nice to have it to interface to an editor.  That
seems not to be possible, which completely baffles me.

> DO Unix mail clients have some option to config them to top post?

No.

> SO here we are right back at the starting point.  The 2 different
> groups have to just learn to deal with the list being populated with
> both top and bottom posting intermingled throughout the thread.

In fact, you're bringing up another point.  Microsoft MUAs appear to
be so difficult to use that many people take the path of least
resistance, leaving a trail of mutilation at the end of the message.

> No amount of complaining are going to change these facts, so suck it
> up, and move on.

They're not facts.  No amount of claiming will make them facts.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.