Top posting

uidzero uidzero at one-arm.com
Sun Mar 21 16:58:43 PST 2004

Lucas Holt wrote:

> Aside from mailing lists, I tend to be a top poster.  I don't like
> when people leave the last 12 emails and then bottom post.. i have to
> scroll all day.  The other irritant is people who actually post in the
> middle of messages.  That breaks the "FLOW" as well.  After someone
> replies top or bottom its VERY hard to read.
>
> How about a new convention.  Delete everything but the last reply in
> the thread when you send to the list and say bottom post.  I can live
> with that as a top poster.  If I don't have to scroll all day to
> bottom post, its not a big deal.
>
> The bottom line is that people reply.  This list is here to help users
> with FreeBSD.  I'd take an answer to my questions in any format!

I'm the same way. I take out everything but the last post. (including
any .sigs) As for reading them any other way, I like them like I'm doing
now or sectioned off to answer the questions or what not as they come down.

eg...

Original E-mail: > Question: Is this proper?

Next e-mail: Answer: Sure, IMHO

Original E-mail: > Question: Are you sure?

Next e-mail: Answer:  of course.

Otherwise, hey everyone. I'm Michael and I'm new to the list. Been using
Linux si
nce 98 and for the past 5 days, I've done nothing but FreeBSD.

bigbsd~>>> uname -a
FreeBSD bigbsd.one-arm.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Sat Mar 20
15:14:02 CST
2004     root at bigbsd.one-arm.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FW-BSD  i386
bigbsd~>>> df -h
Filesystem    Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a   126M    59M    57M    51%    /
/dev/da0s1f   252M  10.0K   232M     0%    /tmp
/dev/da0s1g    15G   9.6G   4.4G    68%    /usr
/dev/da0s1e   252M    34M   198M    15%    /var
procfs        4.0K   4.0K     0B   100%    /proc
/dev/ad4s1     56G   690M    51G     1%    /mnt/storage
bigbsd~>>>

I'm not quite brave enough to go to 5.2.1. I must say, in the last 5
days, I've learned more about FreeBSD than I really learned about Linux
since '98.

Thanks,

Michael

--