making the partition larger

Lewis Thompson lewiz at fajita.org
Sun Mar 21 04:40:48 PST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 12:52:47PM +0300, CBuH. wrote:
> I have it  of size X. And have 4 partitions marked, plus free unmarked
> 10Gb on that /dev/ad0. Want to make FreeBSD's partition bigger on
> those 10Gbs.

It depends on where the free space is.  If you mean growing the FreeBSD
slice (which is BSD language for a DOS partition) then I don't think you
can.

  However, if it is unallocated space in the slice take a look at the
growfs man page.  You'll probably need to use bsdlabel/disklabel to edit
your slice partition table.

  Searching for bsdlabel and growfs will probably help too.

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-