Top posting

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 20 17:43:55 PST 2004

[Format *not* recovered--see http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html]

RFC 1855 violation.

On Saturday, 20 March 2004 at 20:53:18 +0100, Alex de Kruijff wrote:
> So far I only see argument agains top-posting.

Why should the number of arguments count?  It's their validity.  But I
think you're miscounting, possibly because of your emphasis on keeping
the relevant text away from your reply.

> If it makes sense for you, perhaps you could give a couple of
> arguments wy you think its a good idee.

Well, another one is that I often answer messages on this mailing
list.  If I see badly formatted messages, I tend to discard them
unread.  *bingo* No reply.

Now could you please tell me what relevance the text below has?  I
can't see anything to which you refer.  If you can do this in a
sensible way while breaking the flow in the way you did above, I'll be
very impressed.

Greg