Vinum

Evan Sayer esayer1 at san.rr.com
Sat Mar 20 13:24:14 PST 2004

I have a question about how vinum effects access to file systems.  When
i have a vinum volume on a drive which contains the file system /usr,
which is being mirrored to another volume on another drive, are the
contents of  /usr encompassed in the volume (like a partition) or is
the volume just a part of /usr.  Basically i want to have a RAID-1
setup that mirrors the information on one drive to another.  If i do
this will i be able to access all the files on the first hard drive as
though it was just a regular partition.  If so how do i partition, is
there something special i have to do at the partition editor when i
install?  Do i need subdisks and plexes just to mirror the file
systems' data?  Sorry if this is a bad question but the handbook has me
a little confused.  Thanks a lot.