problem with su

Edmund Craske edmund at m00is.net
Sat Mar 20 10:46:55 PST 2004

This isn't right, when using the -m flag su uses your current
environment, keeping your shell, prompt etc the same as in your
own account. All I can think of is that it executes something
when it opens the new shell which changes it, which shouldn't
be root's cshrc. Perhaps some shell script conditional gubbins
around the prompt statement in the user's cshrc?

Ed

http://munk.nu/
http://jez.hancock-family.com/  - Another FreeBSD Diary
http://ipfwstats.sf.net/        - ipfw peruser traffic logging