Vinum, replaced disk -- fsck error.

Lewis Thompson lewiz at fajita.org
Sat Mar 20 06:32:29 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:14:23AM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> I still don't understand why you're using dd.

To create as near-perfect copy of the disk as possible?

  I want to work on the failing disk as little as possible in case I
cause further damage.  Since the RAID0 volume is around 300GB I don't
have anywhere that I could cp all of that data so I saw the best
alternative as dd'ing the disk.

  Can you suggest another method I might use to achieve what I want?

  Thanks,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-