Top posting

Joshua Lokken joshua at twobirds.us
Fri Mar 19 14:46:35 PST 2004

* Bob Collins <bobc at anything-inc.com> [2004-03-19 14:33]:

> > It comes down to opinion I think
> > --Chuck
> >

> > On Friday 19 March 2004 09:46, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > > On 03/19/04 09:21 AM, Joshua Lokken sat at the `puter and typed:

> > > I feel your pain dude.
> > >
> > > Lou
> >

> [format broken, see above and then back down to here]
>
> No, it is not logical. If everyone top-posts, the email must be read in
> reverse to recapture thoughts of others or points made. If twleve people
> reply properly and you reply the way your `opinion' tells you too, you
> have broken the path or reading, by forcing people to jump to the bottom
> to refresh the last message and then back to the top to get the latest
> thoughts or info. It is also quite obnoxious to review such top-posters
> threads that are intermixed when looking through the archives.
>
> Finally, as pointed out previously, it does not follow convention. It is
> much like Microsft `enhancing' an industry standard, which actually
> breaks the standard.
>
> --
> Bob

Indeed.  Chuck, I'm not saying I'm going to stop reading your posts
because you don't want to follow convention/etiquette, but it appears
that the community at large does not feel the way you do.

--
Joshua

In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even
vegetarians.
		-- Spock, "Wolf in the Fold", stardate 3615.4