which 8-port 10/100 hub is best?

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Thu Mar 18 20:55:27 PST 2004

At 21:45 3/18/2004, Gary Kline, wrote:

>	People,
>
>	I'm upgrading my hub from a 5-port hub and thought I would check
>	with this list to see if the Linksys EFAH08W is still a good
>	deal.  If there is somethng other that would work equally well
>	on my FreeBSD netwrk, please le me know.  (I've had good luck
>	with Linksys, but have read some negative comments.....)
>
>	thanks much,
>
>	gary

Hey Gary,

If there is a possibility that you will have some heavy traffic
at times, the best hub is a switch!  You are likely to have
less bandwidth wasting collisions during high traffic periods.

NetGear switches seem to provide very good value for me.

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/