php installation problems

samy lancher washville2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 13:57:51 PST 2004

Hello All,

I have FreeBSD 4.5, apache 1.3.26_3 and mod_php4-4.2.2 . i wanted to upgrade php to php4-4.3.3.1 so i downloaded php4-4.3.3,1.tgz to usr/ports/distfiles and gave the command

port_update   -r   mod_php4-4.2.2   php4-4.3.3,1.tgz

I noticed that php old version got uninstalled and the new one did not get installed. Then in usr/ports/distfiles when i gave the command "pkg_add php4-4.3.3,1.tgz" i got an error

read_plist: bad command '@conflicts php4-4*'

I guess it is something to do with package version and their dependencies but I am not sure what  exactly the problem is.

I would also like to know if there is a way i can find out all the dependencies for a particular package before actually installing it.

I would appreciate if some one could help me.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Do you Yahoo!?