Perl won't compile

Shawn Ramsey support at buzzardnews.com
Thu Mar 18 12:57:26 PST 2004

> * Shawn Ramsey <support at buzzardnews.com> [2004-03-18 07:31]:
> > I've got a 4.7-STABLE system, and perl or the port won't compile... Does
anyone have any clue what the problem might be? Haven't had any other issues
compiling... other than Base 64 for perl. If I try to install the Base 64
module for the currently installed perl(5.6.0) it bombs with the same error
:

> This may not be the answer you are looking for, but you might
> try upgrading your system to 4.9 or 4-STABLE and having another
> go at it.

Yeah, that isn't the answer I was looking for... :) I have other old release
machines and Perl compiles just fine on them. Another 4.7-RELEASE system is
running the latest perl...