Downgrading 4.9-stable to 4.9-release-p3

Dan Rue drue at therub.org
Thu Mar 18 10:09:28 PST 2004

I upgraded some servers to 4.9-stable a few weeks ago, not realizing
that I really wanted releng_4_9.  Since I have to apply this openssl
fix anyway, I thought I could go from 4.9-stable to releng_4_9 no
problem.  The alternative, as I see it, is to wait for 4.10 to come and
upgrade to that.  Am I going to run into problems going from 4.9-stable
to releng_4_9?

If I can sneak in a second question.  With this openssl fix, couldn't I
just apply the patch, cd /usr/src/crypto/openssl && make install ?
Instead of the recommended buildworld fiasco?

tia,
dan