SV: FreeBSD-SA-04:05.openssl > Question (UPDATED!)

Pelle Andersson (SPD Systems AB) pelle at spd.nu
Thu Mar 18 00:55:23 PST 2004

It should be 'make buildworld' below, not 'recompile the kernel?' :-/

Hi again list!

Please have indulgence with this question ;)

[QUOTE]
Note that any statically linked applications that are not part of the base
system (i.e. from the Ports Collection or other 3rd-party sources) must be
recompiled.
[/QUOTE]

Does this mean I need to:
1. Apply the patch
2. Recompile the kernel
3. 'make deinstall' to the following application I have installed from
ports?

Qpopper (<- Using SSL)
Apache2 (<- Using SSL)
Postfix (<- Using SSL)
ProFTPD (<- Using SSL)
MySQL   (<- Using SSL)

#OpenSSL (In basesystem, do nothing)

And then 'make install clean' again for all these application?

Or can I just upgrade all there is with?:

*default host=cvsup.ca.FreeBSD.org
*default release=cvs
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default tag=RELENG_4_9
src-all

And then 'make buildworld'?

Sorry for not understanding this to 100% Still learning...

Thanks!