AFS 1.2.11 compilation on FreeBSD 5.2?

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:42:34 PST 2004

At 10:03 AM -0800 3/17/04, Matt Weatherford wrote:
>Has anyone done this?   Care to share your notes? :)
>I want the AFS server, mainly.  I dont care about the client.

I have not compiled or run the server, but some friends of
mine claim "it wasn't too hard to do".  Compiling and running
a server on FreeBSD isn't too much different than running it
on any other platform.  It is the client which is much more
of a challenge to get working on different platforms.

Right now the client is working but probably-not stable, and
you have to get the latest source out of the cvs repository
of OpenAFS.  Check  www.OpenAFS.org  for more details.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu