/var/log/messages question

Darryl Hoar darryl at osborne-ind.com
Tue Mar 16 11:53:14 PST 2004

Greetings,
I have a 4.4-stable box configured as my firewall
running IPFilter and doing nat and routing to
the internet.

I keep getting:

Mar 16 13:10:09 darryl /kernel: arplookup 10.2.2.2 failed: host is not on
local network

in my /var/log/messages file.  It is coming from my DSL facing interface.  I
used ethereal
to capture packets and determine the MAC address.  Turns out to be a "vendor
testpoint"
on some OSI gear the ISP is using.  They cannot correct this problem.

ARP comes way before IPFilter, therefore I do not believe it can be
filtered.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these warnings/errors from clogging up
my
log files ?

thanks,
Darryl