Well-supported gigabit cards under 4-stable?

Craig Reyenga craig at craig.afraid.org
Sun Mar 14 22:54:56 PST 2004

I have two Intel Pro1000MT's, and they work flawless. I can say with a
straight face that I have never had a problem with them. They have only been
used with one another over a crossover cable, so I can't speak for how well
they play with switches or other brands. I beleive NCI (ncix.com) has them
on sale for about the price you mentioned. I actually got one of them off of
ebay for $43 after shipping. I use an MTU setting of 9014, and it helps
performance sustantially. This testimonial actually applies to both -stable
and -current.

Hope this helps.

-Craig