Two-way Sync of Directories - how? (rsync?)

Steven N. Fettig freebsd at stevenfettig.com
Sun Mar 14 11:47:07 PST 2004

I have two workstations I use (one at home and one at work) connected
via a private DSL link that each have the directories /home/me.  I want
to run a cron job to sync the directories (bi-directionally).  Rsync
seems to work only in one direction (I know I could set up the script on
both machines), but I wanted to see if I could run the script on one
machine and simply copy new files over to the lacking machine or update
files via checksums (where a file has been updated on one machine and I
want that updated file to be copied over the old file on the other
machine).  I am not worried about the case where I might update a given
file on both machines at the same time - it doesn't happen.
Any advice and scripts that you use to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Steve Fettig