Warning in fstream header file

Gregory Harris gharris at ipsentinel.com
Sat Mar 13 15:16:16 PST 2004

Hello.  I'm not sure if this is the appropriate spot to ask, but I don't
seen any alternative places since it is a freebsd-specific programming
problem.  When I compile the following simple program:

#include <fstream>

int main()
{
}

I get this output:

-bash-2.05b$ g++ -Wall -o fstream-warnings fstream-warnings.cpp
In file included from fstream-warnings.cpp:1:
/usr/include/g++/fstream:304: warning: `typename
std::basic_filebuf<_CharT,
   _Traits>::int_type' is implicitly a typename
/usr/include/g++/fstream:304: warning: implicit typename is deprecated,
please
   see the documentation for details
/usr/include/g++/fstream:309: warning: `typename
std::basic_filebuf<_CharT,
   _Traits>::int_type' is implicitly a typename
/usr/include/g++/fstream:309: warning: implicit typename is deprecated,
please
   see the documentation for details

How can I get rid of these warnings in the header file?  Is fstream
itself deprecated or is it just an error in the header file?  Thanks.

Greg