FreeBSD update

Peter peter at hostmansion.com
Sat Mar 13 05:58:24 PST 2004

I have read the book Absolute FreeBSD and browse the documentation . However
security announcements are only for the base system. When some sort of
library e.g libxml has bug and have to be patched. . In the Linux world
there apt-get or up2date that take care ALL UPDATES. So following this
article
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/28/FreeBSD_Basics.html
will that guarantee that EVERY package or port is up2date wilt my system. Is this
the best way to do it  ? I want to patch my system everyday. With debian or RedHat there is no need to go to vendors site - security NOTIFICATIONS  are sent to you directly by RedHat or Debian...

Thanks,

Peter