Pernicious problem with vfork / qmail / qmail-scanner

Gary gv-list-freebsdquestions at mygirlfriday.info
Thu Mar 11 20:34:47 PST 2004

Hi KSC,

--On Thursday, March 11, 2004 10:12:25 PM -0500 "Justin Baugh, KSC"
<baughj at discordians.net> wrote:

> Using truss, I see that the processes are just sitting there doing
> vfork/nanosleep over and over and over, in a "Resource temporarily
> unavailable" loop. Once the processes get into this state, they don't get
> out of it, and it seems to build up over time (??) - i.e. more and more
> forking errors until everything is hosed. The only way to fix it is to
> kill off all the qmail-scanner processes.

Something that just came to mind.. are you using one of the later
versions of qmail-scanner and perl? Also,perhaps try reconfiguring
qmail-scanner without adding in KAV for awhile, see if that narrows it
down as a cause to what you are seeing under truss.

--
Gary