network routing and vpn connectivity

Louis LeBlanc freebsd at keyslapper.org
Thu Mar 11 17:18:00 PST 2004

I have a strange network question.

I finally found the vpn client that actually manages to open a
connection to the Cisco vpn appliance my employer uses with a minimum
of pain (security/vpnc).  The problem I'm having is making it possible
for my FreeBSD desktop at work to retain access to my FreeBSD desktop
at home while the vpn connection is active - in other words, I can
only get one way access.

This is why:
With the vpn connection established, the only way the home machine can
connect to the work machine (via ssh, for example) is if I route the
work IP through the vpn device (tun1 in my case).  Problem is that
when work tries to connect, home tries to route the response through
the vpn.

Is it possible to set up two way connectivity through this kind of
vpn?

TIA

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Chemistry professors never die, they just fail to react.